Events – The Friends of St Anne’s Church.
- Saturday 16th February – 11am – The Golden age of Children’s Book Illustration in Mid Victorian England
- Saturday 16th March – 7.30pm – Viv McLean An Evening Piano Recital
See flyers at back of church and online for more information. Buy tickets online at friendsofstanneskew.org.uk and on the second Sunday of each month after the service
The Friends are selling Christmas Cards & Event tickets in church on Sunday 23 September; 14 October; 11 November; 9 & 16 December
New Autumn Events – The Friends of St Anne’s Church.
• Wednesday 17th October -6-9pm –‘Exclusive Cocktail Party’ at the Roland Goslett Gallery;
• Saturday 24th November -11am – ‘Artificial Intelligence – What is it & how will it affect our future?’
• Wednesday 28 November 2.30pm for 3pm ‘til 8pm – ‘An Afternoon Charity Bridge Drive & Supper’
See flyers at back of church and online for more information
Buy tickets online at friendsofstanneskew.org.uk and in church on Sunday 9th September.
Summer Art Competition- Thanks from the Committee of The Friends of St Anne’s Church for the submitted lovely paintings of the Church. Watch this space to see the new Charity Christmas Card later!
The Friends of St Anne’s Kew – save the date – events confirmed see noticeboard at back of Church. Details also available www.friendsofstanneskew.org.uk
You will be pleased to have noticed that our exterior perimeter wall is in the process of being restored, thanks to the generosity of both The Friends of St Anne’s and the residual funds from the Tercentenary Appeal. Starting this week, work on replacing our ancient Victorian church heating system will begin. In the first few weeks this entails removing the old boiler and replacing it with two new boilers. In July and August the cast iron heating pipes in the church will be removed and replaced by a modern equivalent. Inevitably there will be some disruption to our Sunday worship as parts of the church will need to be closed off, but it is our intention to keep this to a minimum. The replacement heating is being funded from our designated reserves for this type of project. Your PCC allocates £1500 a month towards work of this nature.
FOSAK – The Importance of the Kew Collections – Kill or Cure presented by Prof Monique Simmonds, Deputy Director of Science at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew – Saturday 12th May 11.00am. Tickets £15.
The Friends of St Anne’s Church now have Tickets available for all Events for the Autumn programme. Buy tickets online at friendsofstanneskew.org.uk and in church on all preceding Sundays.
The Autumn Events are:
- Julia Korner ‘A Quiet Career – A Window on Conservation’ The Restoration of St Anne’s Church – Saturday 18 November at 10.30am for 11.00am at St Anne’s. <Buy tickets>
- ‘Cello Recital by Candlelight’ – by Jonathan Rees the esteemed musician – Thursday 23rd November at 7.30pm for 8.00pm – see flyer for location. <Buy tickets>
- ‘The Importance of the Kew Collection – Kill or Cure’ by Prof Monique Simmonds, Deputy Director of Science at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew – Saturday 9th December at 10.30 am for 11.00am at St Anne’s. <Buy tickets>
The Friends of St Anne’s Church will host their next event ‘Benjamin Franklin in London: The British Life of America’s Founding Father’ on Saturday 21st October. Come and hear George Goodwin, MA FRHistS FRSA, the celebrated international author, give a highly-illustrated morning lecture told with wit and verve. The talk and book signing in conjunction with Kew Bookshop starts at 11.00am (Coffee at 10.30am) Tickets £15 (£10 for Friends). Buy tickets online at friendsofstanneskew.org.uk and in Church on preceding Sundays. See Flyer for further details