Deanery Synod and Parochial Parish Council
Over the course of a year, vacancies arise on the Parochial Parish Council, as well as for new members of the Deanery Synod.
Parochial Church Council (PCC) members: are elected by the congregation to help run the church.
Deanery Synod members: are elected for three-year terms, attend three synod meetings a year and also sit on the PCC.
Other Volunteering Opportunities
From time to time, the church also needs:
- Servers: assist the celebrant at the altar on Sundays, approx. 12 times a year.
- Sidesmen: acting as assistants to the Churchwardens and meeting and greeting parishioners at church services, taking the collection and guiding people at communion.
- Junior Church assistants: Leading and assisting the younger members of our congregation in understanding the Liturgy and Bible stories in an imaginative and creative way.
- “Holy Dusters”: Keeping the church looking its best.
- Flower arrangers.
- Gardeners: helping to keep the churchyard tidy.
- Sunday Morning Coffee Rota Helpers.
- Sunday afternoon tea helpers.
- Volunteers are often needed for special events in St Anne’s calendar such as helping prepare for the Creationtide Supper party, Richmond River Run, Christian Aid Week
Please contact us if you would like to volunteer with any of the many ways to help at St. Anne’s. More opportunities and news on volunteering will be posted on the parish newsletter, this website and the noticeboard in the church.